1) Are dogs allowed in the park?
Yes as long as you keep them on a lead and clear up after them.
2) How long would you expect a visit to the park to last?
Most people can spend up to 5 hours at Blackgang Chine, usually longer!
3) What is this 7 day return offer all about?
Visitors purchasing any of our tickets for either Blackgang Chine or Blackgang AND Robin Hill, will automatically recieve 7 days of free re-entry to the park! This means you can return to the park as many times in the 7 days following your visit as you like (so up to 7 free returns!!)
Terms and conditions apply of course (see prices page) and you will be expected to re-sign your entry tickets each time you come back and will be expected to prove your signature and printed name with a bankcard or driving licence.
4) Disabled facilities and information
The park has a range of facilities suitable for disabled visitors. Please download our "Guide for Guests with Disabilities" to help you plan and make the most of your visit to Blackgang Chine or Robin Hill. Unfortunately we don't hire out wheelchairs or disability scooters, so please make adequate provisions before you visit
5) Can we use our Blackgang ticket to visit Robin Hill?
Unfortunately not! Your Blackgang freedom ticket allows you to revisit Blackgang only. However, our new joint parks ticket gives very good value for money and if you purchase this, then you are more than welcome to visit both parks as many times as you like.
6) Tell us about your saver ticket?
Any four people can enter Blackgang Chine for a special price which offers a saving for paying for four people individually. Remember under 4's don't pay and there are concessions for the disabled and O.A.P's. Our staff will always offer you the best price for entry into the park for you and your group.
7) Can we bring our own food and drink into Blackgang Chine?
Visitors are welcome to bring their own refreshments into the park, and there are lots of picnic area's.
However we do have a range of catering options on site to suit everyone:
- The Chine Cafe offers freshly made rolls, jacket potatoes and hot and cold lunch specials.
- Cantina has a great range of fast food options.
- Captain Jack's offers hot and cold drinks
- Chocabloc has yummy warm doughnuts, waffles and churros, and delicious Barista coffee and drinks
- iScream is the place for ice cream, hot drinks and candyfloss
8) Do we have to pay for anything once we're inside Blackgang Chine?
All our attractions are free to use as many times as you like. Obviously you have to pay for any refreshment or gifts you might like and we also have a small number of coin-operated games. In the peak holiday season, we also have a "Panning for Gold" activity, Ride on Dinosaurs and Temporary Tattoo parlour!
9) Is everything open on a wet day?
The only things we have to close are the Snakes and Ladders play area. The stainless steel slides become too slippery! On very windy days, we sometimes have to close Waterforce and Cliffhanger but this is very rare.
10) Are there any concessions for Islanders?
We offer Islanders the opportunity to buy one of our 'Frequent Visitor Tickets'. The tickets can be bought for either Blackgang Chine or Robin Hill if you prefer one of our parks over the other, or if you enjoy both parks, we can offer a joint park Frequent Visitor Ticket. For more information and/or prices, please click here
11) What is the minimum age a child can enter Blackgang Chine on his or her own?
You have to be at least 14 years old to enter the park unaccompanied by an adult. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any one we don't believe to be old enough, so bring some I.D (Passport, Birth Certificate only) if you think you might need to.
12) Are there any restrictions on the rides at Blackgang?
We have strict health and safety laws that we have to abide by. Visitors have to be a minimum of 1 metre tall to ride on Waterforce and 1.1 metres tall to ride Cliffhanger and use the Snakes and Ladders.
13) Whereabouts on the Isle of Wight is Blackgang?
You can view our location on Google Maps: